- 1 gallon whole milk
- ½ c. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place milk in a large, heavy pot and slowly, over low heat, bring it just to the boil. It will look very thick and creamy.
- Turn off the heat.
- Stir in ½ c. lemon juice with a wooden spoon for a few minutes until the curds begin to separate from the whey.
- If, by chance, the curds don’t separate, add a bit more lemon juice and continue stirring.
- Scoop/pour curds into a colander lined with butter muslin or cheesecloth. Reserve the whey for another use.
- Run cold water over the curds until the water runs clear. Squeezing a bit. This step gets rid of most of the lemony taste.
- Gather up the sides of the cheese cloth and squeeze gently. Tie/hang the bag for 3-4 hours at room temperature.
- Load it into the TofuXpress.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove cheese.