From GoodLife Eats:
- 4-5 cups whole milk
- 12 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a heavy saucepan, combine 2 cups of milk, white chocolate, and cocoa powder.
- Cook over medium heat, whisking periodically, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is well combined.
- Whisk in the pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, allspice, and ginger.
- Add the remaining milk, 1 cup at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
If desired, serve topped with whipped cream and a sprinkling of nutmeg. Just be sure not to fill the mugs too full before adding the whipped cream, or you might have some overflow.