From Crumpets and Cakes:
- 1 cup fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- club soda
- juice of one or two limes, juice from half lemon
- mint for garnish
- Combine ginger, sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Simmer slowly for 10 minutes, until sugar is dissolved and ginger is softened.
- Strain warm syrup and allow to cool.
- Fill a tall glass with ice, add 1 part(used 2oz shot glass) of ginger syrup and 3 parts of club soda.
- Squeeze lime and lemon wedge into glass. Use more syrup if desired.
- Garnish with mint.
- Stir and enjoy the zing.