Thanks to Stacy for asking about how to make vegan eggnog! I admit it, I LOVE eggnog! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! So here’s the best recipe I’ve found thus far (tweaked by yours truly of course) with alcohol optional.
- 21 oz. soft, silken tofu (drained and pressed)
- 1.5 cup vanilla almond milk
- 16 ounces dairy-free vanilla soy ice cream
- 1 Tbs. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground turmeric
- rum or brandy (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. ground Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground Cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients into a food processor and mix on high for about 90 seconds or until well blended (scrape down sides when needed).
- Serve very well chilled and dusted with nutmeg or cinnamon.
- I’ve had people suggest trying bananas to help thicken the mixture and add flavor.
- For alcoholic eggnog, add rum or brandy to taste AFTER its been chilled as alcohol can some times turn the mixture.