Yesterday I gave you the recipe for vegan eggnog, today I’m giving you the suggestion of trying some eggnog in your chai! That spicy tea is perfect with vegan or regular eggnog!
Don’t have chai handy? Here’s a quick recipe to make your own chai at home:
- black or roobios tea
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 crushed cloves
- 1 tsp. cardamom
- 1 tsp. ginger (fresh is best, ground is okay)
- 1/4 tsp. crushed black peppercorn
- 1/4 tsp. anise seed
- 1/2 tsp. allspice
- Bring two cups of water to boil.
- Stir in spices and allow to simmer for five minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Allow to steep for five minutes.
- Strain mixture through a fine strainer or cheese cloth.
- Pour into two cups and add a tea bag (black or roobios) to each cup.
- Add honey and eggnog to taste.
If you find this mixture too strong, simply add more boiled water to the mixture and refrigerate any unused portion for up to a week.
If you find this mixture too weak, double the simmering and steeping time OR adjust the spice portions accordingly.