- 6 cardamoms
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tbsp ground ginger (more if you want it spicy, fresh ginger may also be used)
- dash of black pepper (more if you want it spicy)
- 1 bay leaf
- About 4 tsp of sugar, or to taste
- 2 black tea bags
- 3 cups of soy, almond or cow’s milk
- 1 cup of water
- Boil water in a medium sauce pan.
- Add the spices and tea bags.
- Cover and let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and steep for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add milk and sugar, return to heat and bring to desired temperature while stirring. Do not let it boil, or it may scald.
- Strain out into cups.