I’m extremely curious about making my own bread after having much success in the past with sweet rolls and pastries. Plus, I don’t like white breads and wheats are too… wheaty. I love grain breads but so many of them lack the flavor they could have, so I’m collecting recipes on breads and adding bonus points to any of them being vegan.
Oh! And this one is Gluten-free too!
From She Let Them Eat Cake:
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup garfava flour
- ¼ cup millet flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 ½ tbsp of ground flax combined with 3 tbsp warm water
- ¾ cup natural cane sugar
- ½ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 cup shredded apple (2 medium-sized apples)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly oil a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- Mix flours in a large bowl.
- Add cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan gum and sea salt.
- Whisk well.
- Combine the flax and warm water in a small bowl.
- Add the sugar, apple and oil and stir well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and check with a knife or toothpick to make sure it’s done.