- 1 cup granola (flavored with fruit – optional)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup dried fruit use a variety)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons liquid honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1 cup black raisins
- 1/2 cup flaked almonds
- Using a blender, chop granola to coarse crumbs.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl combine rolled oats, dried fruit (chopped) , butter, honey and salt.
- Add boiling water and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl pour lukewarm water and add yeast; set aside to ferment.
- When the granola has cooled down to lukewarm add yeast mixture and mix together.
- Add 1 cup of flour at a time and mix.
- Stir in raisins and chopped almonds.
- Roll dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 8 minutes, until smooth.
- Put dough into a oiled bowl, making sure to coat all sides of the dough.
- Cover with a damp cloth or plastic wrap.
- Place in a warm area and let double in size.
- Punch down and place dough into a greased loaf pan.
- Cover and let rise; about 10-15 minutes.
- Bake at 375 F for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack.