creamy lemon ice cream (from Stone Soup)
makes about 2 cups
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 250g (9oz) icing (powdered or confectioners) sugar
- 300mL (1+1/4cups) whipping cream, approx 35% milk fat
- Combine lemon juice and icing sugar in a small bowl.
- Using a whisk, whip cream until soft peaks just start to form and the cream has thickened slightly.
- Whisk the lemon mixture in with the cream and whisk until the texture is back to the soft peaks.
- Place in a freezer-proof container and freeze for at least 6 hours or until lovely and ice-creamy.