From Stone Soup:
- 1 can chickpeas (400g / 14oz)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- Drain chickpeas, reserving the canning water.
- Put chickpeas, 3 tablespoons of the canning water, lemon juice and garlic in a food processor.
- Process for a few minutes, stopping to scrape down the sides once or twice.
- Add tahini and continue to process until everything is lovely and smooth.
- Taste and season with salt, pepper and perhaps a little more lemon juice.