- Pre-packed pizza crust
- Jar of tomato sauce (any style including the chunky ones work fine)
- Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Butter/margarine
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil
- Spices (to taste): garlic powder & oregano
- White pizza: ricotta and broccoli (no tomato sauce)
- Hawaiian: pineapple chunks and Canadian bacon or ham
- Cheese burger: ground beef (browned first) and cheddar cheese (instead of mozzarella)
- Meat lovers: (meat should be precooked) sausage, ground beef and ham (a great alternative is deli meats)
- Cheese lovers: Anything but gouda, feta or the pungent tasting cheeses as they don’t always blend well
- Veggie lovers: broccoli, cauliflower, spinach (goes great with some ricotta as well)
- Great additions: olives, purple onions, bbq chicken, shredded bbq pork/chicken (can find it pre-cooked), pasta with mozzarella & ricotta, basically… just about anything you can get on a pizza from a shop!
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- In a small bowl, add butter, oil and spices.
- Mix well.
- On a pizza pan (or cut the pre-packaged pizza crust into half or slices to fit smaller square pans), lay out your crust.
- Using the back of a spoon or a pastry brush, add a thin layer of the butter/oil mixture covering the entire crust.
- Using a large spoon or ladle, spoon out the sauce and spread it across the crust (go to the edges or leave 1/2 inch from the edge to make it a bit cleaner when eating).
- Add your options (remember, these crusts aren’t as “sturdy” as normal pie crusts and sag or break under weight)
- Add your cheese.
- Place in oven.
- Cook till the cheese is melted thoroughly but not burning.