Recently I made a batch of lentils in my CrockPot (slowcooker) and had a couple of inquiries on the recipe, so here it is:
- 1 bag of lentils
- 2 packets of French Onion Dip
- Options: If you want to add meat to this, I suggest a pre-cooked sweet sausage such as chicken apple sausage or something similar. Simply add after the lentils have finished cooking and you’ve turned the cooker off but the soup hasn’t cooled yet. Otherwise, the soup can leach the meat of its taste and leave it rather bland.
- Empty the bag of lentils into a strainer and rinse with cool/lukewarm water. Drain.
- Dump lentils into your cooker.
- Add enough water to cover the lentils completely plus about two inches.
- Add 2 packets of French Onion Dip mix.
- Put the cooker on high and go find something to do.
- Return periodically to stir lentils.
- When lentils are done, they float.
- Turn off the cooker.
- Add any of your cooked meats here.
- Allow to cool and enjoy!
Yup… its that easy!