This is a great recipe to try during the holidays but also any time you make turkey.
- Turkey (legs, breasts, cut or quartered; whatever will fit in your cooker)
- Turkey or Brown Gravy Mix
- Bisquick or Thickening Agent
- Add turkey to your cooker (I use either entire turkey legs or cut it into strips).
- Add enough water to cover your turkey.
- Add gravy mix – generally 1/3 cup for every 2-3 cups water (more makes it thicker, less allows more turkey flavoring to remain in the water for stock).
- Put the cooker on high and go enjoy your life, remembering to return periodically to stir.
- I will generally cook the turkey till it falls off the bone or until it easily breaks apart with a fork.
- Remove the turkey and set aside.
- Stir 1 cup Bisquick into the water/gravy mixture (or your thickening agent of choice following directions) and whisk. Thicken to desired consistency. You can also add more gravy mix as well if you find it too weak.
- Allow to cool (will thicken more) and serve.