Perfect for storing potatoes for Au Gratin and similar dishes:
- Put a large pot of water on to boil.
- Have a sinkful of cold water ready.
- Slice potatoes very thin.
- Rinse potatoes with cold water, making sure all slices are separated from each other.
- Gently put the potatoes in boiling water and stir well to make sure potatoes are separated.
- Let cook 3 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and plunge them into the cold water to stop the cooking; stir to make sure they are cooled.
- Dehydrate according to your dehydrator’s directions/time — they should be dry to the point of snapping when done.
- Store in a cool, dry place