One of my favorite “secrets” to cooking is to use sour cream instead of yogurt in parfaits and various desserts! I know, I know… you would think it pretty tart but not at all! Here’s how it’s done:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring (not extract) (see Tips & Hints)
- 2 tablespoons honey or fruit preserve (you can adjust this to taste) (see Tips & Hints)
- Put all ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well with a beater/mixer.
- Taste test. (see Tips & Hints)
- Add to dish and enjoy.
Tips & Hints:
- Vanilla flavoring can be used by itself or with a touch of honey to sweeten. Extract can leave a bitter taste to the cream.
- I love to make this with just honey as it reminds me almost of greek yogurt.
- When adding a fruit preserve, try not to add anything with a seed such as strawberry and blend a little at a time to taste.
- Dessert dressing
- Drizzled over cake
- As a fruit dip