- 1/2 c. honey, agave or sugar
- 1/2 c. butter, margarine, applesauce or yogurt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 ripe or overly ripe bananas
- 2 c. whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 c. brown sugar
- Options: raisins, cranberries, nuts
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix all your dry ingredients well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mush bananas first (can use a food processor for this step if you wish) then add your wet ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Stir dry ingredients into wet and thoroughly incorporate.
- Slightly grease your loaf pan.
- Pour mixture into pan.
- Top if desired (I like to add some nuts, drizzle with honey and sprinkle with oats)
- Bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick dipped into bread is clean when removed.
Hints & Tips:
- You can substitute 1/4 c. of sugar for 1 banana should you not have enough bananas
- Try buttering or oiling your pan instead of greasing it
- Yogurt should be full fat for best results