Sorry, no image this time. I was in the middle of cleaning out my fridge when I decided to create this masterpiece and haven’t even a few inches of counter space to set down a bowl and take a picture.
Did you know avocados are packed full of the “right” kind of fat? Yup! Fat that your body needs and fat that helps your body release the “bad” fat! This, of course, makes me want to eat them daily, but let’s face it… they are kind of bland on their own. So I decided to make guacamole as it can go on everything from chips to hamburgers (or seitan burgers in our case) to burritos to… well just about anything you would like to add a veggie spread to!
So here’s my recipe that I created today and it’s just FABULOUS! I do suggest playing with the seasonings as you make it as the avocados pick up the flavors quickly and it’s so easy to tweak this recipe that you might as well just have fun with it.
- 6 avocados
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 teaspoons of lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 0r to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt 0r to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder 0r to taste
- Halve and pit your avocados.
- Scoop out the insides into a food processor.
- Process until smooth, creamy consistency; occasionally scrapping down the sides.
- While still processing add lime juice, garlic, salt, celery salt and onion powder.
- Taste test.