Hello there Dear Reader! I bet you thought I had given up on this blog. I’m happy to report, that isn’t true. I took a small vacation to do some work, get married, revamp my art career and revise some eating habits. As you know, I’ve been eliminating soy from my diet and that has left me working on some pretty basic recipes while we adjust. But we’re now coming into the colder weather and that means more cooking!
But it’s not quite cold yet so despite having a hankering for some pumpkin pie, I decided to create something a lot quicker and easier that wouldn’t warm the house up to roasting. After scanning the web for a bit and not finding exactly what I wanted, I began experimenting and the below is the results! This topping is amazing over pound cake, carrot cake, banana bread, used as a gingerbread or graham cracker dip, put in a shortbread mini pie crust and topped with whipped cream for individual services or even smeared over a brownie! YUM! There are tons of ways to enjoy this topping so have fun and be creative!
Deven’s No Bake Pumpkin Topping
- 12 oz. cream cheese
- 29 oz. can of pumkpin
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla flavoring
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- Options: For sweeter topping, added honey/agave to taste
- Add all ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir thoroughly first with a spoon/spatula.
- Beat until fully incorporated and no lumps are present (will need to scrape sides often).
- Add to bread, cake, pie, etc. as suggested above or create your own masterpiece.