While we’re still residing next to a lemon orchard, I wanted to enjoy fresh lemons ripe from the tree as much as possible. And what better way than with our favorite fish dish! Normally, I foil the salmon and bake it but I think it will come out far better in a slow cooker. Give it a try and tell me what you think!
- 1-2 lbs salmon or 2 salmon steaks
- 1 large fresh lemon
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons honey (this takes any “bite” out of the lemon)
- 1 Tablespoon rosemary
- 1/4 lemon juice (fresh preferred, obviously)
- 1/4 Tablespoon ground ginger
- Thinly slice your lemon and set aside.
- Add water, juice, rosemary, honey and ginger to your slow cooker.
- Place salmon, skin side up, into cooker.
- Cover salmon with lemon slices and add a few along the sides in the water.
- Set your cooker on low for four hours.
- Go find something fun to do!
- Or makes some lovely flavored rice using fruit juices (like mango, strawberry, lime, coconut, etc.) instead of water!