This is a GREAT recipe for the winter months or rainy days. It’s also freezes well, so you can store this in cup size containers to serve whenever the mood strikes you!
- 16 oz. bag of frozen corn
- 15 oz. can of whole corn
- 8 oz. or 1 cup of cream cheese
- 1 qt. chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 tsp Celery salt
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- Pepper to taste
- In a food processor, empty your can of corn and 1/3 of your bag of frozen corn with enough chicken broth to help it liquefy better.
- Hit the power button and let it run for a minute or two. It doesn’t have to be pure liquid but more like a tapioca pudding looking consistency.
- Pour your liquefied concoction as well as all other ingredients into your slow cooker.
- Set temperature of low.
- Set timer for 6 hours.
- You know the drill.
- Come back and serve with a dash of pepper and/or a dollop of sour cream.
Note: Sampling during the cooking process may be bland but if by the last hour of cooking, you feel it “needs something”, add it then! A can of creamed potato or celery is a good option! Also, try adding some bacon pieces to it. Have fun!