Grrr…I redid this image about three times and each time… I misspelled something! So I’m just not going to bother… it’s one of those days. Garbanzo (not Garbonza) beans or Chickpeas are a tasty little treat I always have around the house (because they are the main ingredient in hummus). I love this quick summer salad that keeps well for a few days in the fridge and is quite healthy too!
- 15 oz. can of Garbanzo beans
- 16 oz. bag of wide egg noodles
- 16 oz. bag frozen broccoli & cauliflower mix
- French Vinaigrette Dressing
- Parmesan Cheese
- Prepare your egg noodles as directed on the package.
- While your noodles are cooking, open your can of garbanzo beans and thoroughly rinse them in a strainer.
- Without removing your beans from the strainer, add your frozen veggies.
- Once your noodles have finished cooking, drain noodles by pouring the water over the veggies and beans (this thaws the veggies and cools the noodles).
- Empty the strainer with noodles, now thawed veggies and beans into a large bowl.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad while stirring with a large spoon to lightly coat everything.
- Sprinkle the cheese while still stirring until, again, lightly coated.
- Put a lid on the bowl and pop it in the fridge until entire mixture is cooled.