I didn’t take pictures this time around (yes, I know, I’ve been so bad with that lately) but I have an excuse! We had company last night and I get distracted whenever there is someone in our home. Anyhow… I wasn’t entirely sure this would work as nicely because I was using Seitan instead of the traditional bacon or ham. And… I kind of, sort of, didn’t measure everything because I was purposefully making a very large batch and sort of winging it. So the below is guesstimates Hey! I said from the beginning that this blog was more so I could keep track of what I cooked than it was to help others cook. You still love me, right? RIGHT?!
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 & 1/2 cups Bisquick mix
- 16 oz. package of frozen spinach
- 32 oz. Ricotta cheese
- 1 lb. mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 almond milk
- sour cream
- garlic powder
- Beef Flavored Seitan – roughly the amount 2 cups of VWG can make
- In a food processor, chop your spinach and cooked seitan into fine pieces then transfer it into a large bowl.
- Fully incorporate mozzarella, ricotta and Bisquick to the spinach/seitan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and milk thoroughly.
- Add the egg & milk mixture to your large bowl and again, fully incorporate.
- Pour mixture into glass/ceramic casserole dish (this makes a large batch so you might need two) about an inch deep.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook casserole for 30-45 minutes or until mixture starts to pull away from sides and becomes quite firm. Careful not to overcook this as it becomes dry quite easily!
- Allow to cool, cut into squares and serve with a dollop of sour cream sprinkled with garlic powder.