Oops! This post was suppose to have been published with a picture but umm… the cat ate it! The picture I mean… not the chicken. Well… okay so he ate some of the raw chicken but… you know what I mean! So yeah… umm… no pics, sorry!
One of my favorite autumn/winter dishes is Apple Chicken. Aside from it being incredibly easy to make, it’s unbelievably tasty and can be made in large batches for freezing.
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast
- 1 lb. boneless chicken thighs
- Apple Cider
- 2 cups apple sauce
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- Stuffing Mix
- Place chicken breasts and thighs into crockpot.
- Add 2 cups apple sauce.
- Add enough apple cider to barely cover the chicken.
- Set slow cooker on high and cook until chicken is done (generally 3-4 hours).
- Add enough stuffing mix to absorb the apple cider and allow to set.
- Peel and dice your apple.
- Incorporate apple and cranberries into chicken/stuffing.