½ cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
4 nori seaweed sheets
2 cups cooked short-grain rice
1 cup cucumber strips
1 cup cooked sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the rice vinegar with the sesame oil. Add the cucumber strips, stirring gently, and allow to marinate for about 4 hours. Remove from the marinade and drain.
2. With a blender, whip the sweet potatoes until they are smooth and creamy.
3. Lay a piece of plastic wrap on a flat surface. Place half a cup of rice on the plastic wrap and press to the size of a sheet of nori. Place a sheet of non on top of rice, then spread ¼ cup of blended sweet potatoes on nori and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
4. Place ¼ cup cucumber strips in the middle.
5. Roll up from the outside and dampen the edge to seal (the rice will be on the outside of the roll).
6. Allow to chill for at least 3 hours before slicing. Slice with a damp knife into half-inch thick slices. Serve cold.